Re: [Usability]Comments on a search tool screenshot.

mån 2002-12-16 klockan 01.33 skrev Havoc Pennington:

> One implementation strategy might be to use the same feature used for
> Trash and that Alex used to write the CD burning feature - we can
> assemble temporary fake folders containing an arbitrary list of
> files. Something like "search-results:///some-unique-id" as the URI.
> Whether you actually display that URI in a nautilus window or just use
> it internally I don't know.

When I messed with the window and taskbar menues to make the look
similar, it appeared to me that it might be useful to have one single
place to obtain standard widgets. Something like the gnome stock system
to give all applications a uniform functionality and look for commonly
used widgets like:

Nautilus "Open with" menu.
Window context menu.
File properties dialog.
Search and replace dialog.
etc..

I am currently implementing the search and replace thing as a dialogbox
and toolbar-embeddable widget.

	- Jens