[Usability]Re: Gnome 1.4->2.0 experience

Erik Walthinsen wrote:
After filing a bug against sawfish explaining this regression, and being
told that it didn't matter in the slightest, I checked some archives and
found all sorts of discussion about workspaces vs viewports vs virtual
desktops vs etc., but no obvious conclusion.  I fully agree that the old
practice of having two entirely disjoint styles of dealing with it is
highly counterproductive.  It seems that "workspaces" are the norm now,
which is fine with me (though in at least one place sawfish-ui still
references both).

This has been fixed in version 1.2 of sawfish. It'll give you the keybindings, edge-flipping, window-dragging, etc.

Also, could you let me know which bug you filed?