Re: [Usability]Re: Right Click the same as Ctrl+LeftClick???

On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 02:11, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> It confused me too on another treeview. I have the impression that
> space and enter should expand tree nodes. I don't know if there was a
> rationale for not having those bindings or if it's just an oversight.

The rationale, such as it was, was that Space was supposed to do the
same as double-clicking a list/tree entry (since Space is our documented
'activate' key everywhere else), and Enter was supposed to go into
rename mode (if available).

Going forward, F2 might be a better (if less discoverable) choice for
rename, and that would free up Enter for expanding/collapsing nodes.
Space should probably also expand/collapse if there's no other
activation action associated with that node.

I think there's a bug open about all this somewhere...

Cheeri,
Calum.