Re: [Usability]Re: [HIG] Label alignment

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 05:20, Calum Benson wrote:
> > I expect the HIG to work more like a "GNOME best usability practices"
> > document for the near future rather than a rigid formal
> > specification[1]. We will inevitably change items, and where we make
> > changes we can go through the desktop and file bugs where they need to
> > be filed, attach patches where the changes can be done in glade, and
> > suggest changes to maintainers where they are on IRC. In Free Software
> > the first few releases of something (even libraries) change quickly, and
> > morph until they solidify.
>
> I agree with all of that, but I think we still need to make some sort of
> pre-release editorial effort in our 'major releases' at least... kind of
> like a ui-review, but for the HIG :)  Doesn't have to take more than a
> couple of days, we just need to sit down and make sure all the
> guidelines and terminology are consistent etc... I know you've been
> doing some over the past few days, I just need to start doing some of it
> as well...

Note that it would probably be good for this to be semi-public, at
least; I'm not asking it go to d-d-l or anything, just that it be run by
at least a few hackers to check that everything in there is consistent,
makes sense, is mostly possible in gtk, etc. Judgement on sanity, not 'I
think recommendation X is dumb and it would be more usable my way.'

Luis (excited to see documentation happening and hoping the a11y team
learns ;)