Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Where XST is going.

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 13:22, Richard Bos wrote:
> Is it now possible to get the backend tools a neutral cvs provider like e.g:
> sourceforge, savannah?  I believe that this will attract more developers to
> the backend tools.

No. We have never seen a actual contributor ask this. Believe me, having
the backends on a neutral cvs is not the problem right now. If we would
have moved the backends to sourceforge when the KDE guys said they where
going to start working on their tools we would have had to add burden to
the current developers and none of the KDE guys have done anything since
then. So the real answer is that we are waiting for a real user of this
code to ask for this, not for potential users.

> Will the backend tools be called "Gnome System Tools" as well?  I hope that
> these will get a more independent name like System Config Tools.

the name of the backends is really not important, nobody is using them
right now so i don't see how this matters at this point. The important
stuff is the code and functionality.

Chema