Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] boot-admin error??

On 8 Feb 2002, Carlos Garnacho wrote:

> El vie, 08-02-2002 a las 00:20, Arturo Espinosa Aldama escribió:
> > On 7 Feb 2002, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> >
> > > 	Hi all,
> > >
> > > 	I can see that boot-admin doesn't work well: I add a new boot entry in
> > > my Red Hat 7.1 and the backend doesn't make the changes in lilo.conf
> >
> > Could you please file a bug report in bugzilla?
> > http://bugzilla.ximian.com/
>
> Don't worry. I'm on it

Thanks.

> > > 	The other thing I have to tell you is that the runlevel-admin goes
> > > well, I have almost ended the frontend and only remains the part of the
> > > backend that takes the XML and saves the changes.
> >
> > That's just great! You got a screenshot of the GUI?
>
> Sure, try:
>
> 	http://audio.ya.com/carlosgarpar/runlevel-admin.html
>
> And sorry for the banner. I hope you like it.

Very cool. The good thing is that you already had the icon!

Some suggestions:

I would slim down the columns for priority and action to the minimum
required (the width of the labels, it seems)...

Also, in simple mode, only show the default runlevel, and thus, hide the
notebook tabs as well (this may require some reparenting magic, not that
difficult anyways). I think the backend already provides the default
runlevel in the XML.

Last, a general tab for advanced mode where to edit the default runlevel
and a couple of buttons to edit the rc.local and rc.sysinit shell files
would be cool. Ah, and a method to switch to a new runlevel.

Otherwise, really cool.

Greetings,
Arturo