[Setup-tool-hackers] proposal for a system-conf module

Hereby a proposal for a system-conf module that outputs just plain system
information.  The current module has the underneath xml output as result.
The information about the hostname is maybe redundant as that can (must) be
obtained from the network module, where one gets the fqdn.  I don't know
whether there is fhs (filesystem hierarchy standard)  information stored on
(linux) sytems, however it will be interesting to know.

If it is appreciated I want to continue with it.  Please let me know what you
think.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1' standalone='yes'?>
<!DOCTYPE system []>

<system>

  <!-- Configuration starts here -->

  <host>
    <name>dar</name>
    <machine>i686</machine>
  </host>

  <distribution>
    <name>suse</name>
    <version>7.0</version>
    <codename>tst-lsb</codename>
    <description>SuSE Linux 7.0 (i386)</description>
  </distribution>

  </operatingsystem>
    <name>Linux</name>
    <release>2.2.16</release>
  </operatingsystem>

  <standard>
    <lsb>0.9</lsb>
    <fhs></fhs>
  </standard>

  <!-- End of configuration -->

</system>

--
Richard Bos
For those who have no (/)home the journey is endless