Re: sawfish, dual head, x86-64

Jan Kasprzak wrote:
: 	There seems to be something wrong with window titles -
: see the screenshot at http://www.fi.muni.cz/~kas/tmp/sawfish-title.jpg
: - the text of the title is lowered so that it is partly cropped by the
: title bar.

	I have switched to the blue-steel theme, and the problem has
disappeared. However, when I kill the running sawfish and start it
again, it complains that it cannot find the font named
"-*-Sans-*-*-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*", it uses some different font instead,
and it is mis-aligned as in the previous case. When I do a fresh login
from GDM, it works as expected (until I restart sawfish).

	Another question about multihead option - as I understand this,
it just forks sawfish for each screen. So this means I could
probably start two instances of sawfish, each with its own $DISPLAY,
pointing to different screens. Can I run these two instances with
different configuration (instead of ~/.sawfish/custom)? If so,
which command-line option should I use?

	The main feature I want to be set up differently on each head
is the number of workspaces/viewports. However, I don't know whether
GNOME workspace switcher supports it. I want to have 3x3 workspaces
on the primary head for an ordinary work, and only 2x1 workspaces
on the secondary head (one for full-screen web browser and the other
one for the full-screen RSS reader).

	And another question: it would be nice to have a hotkey
which warps the cursor (and focus) to the opposite head - I think
metacity supports this, but metacity has its own set of problems
with dualhead.

	And the last one: sawfish-ui seems to crash on my box - it displays
a window for a short time, and then crashes:

$ sawfish-ui

(rep:20830): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_radio_menu_item_new_with_label_from_widget: assertion `GTK_IS_RADIO_MENU_ITEM (group)' failed
*** Bad argument: #<subr gtk-menu-shell-append>, (), 2
$

	Thanks,

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |