Control a GUI application from Sawfish?

Can sawfish send keystrokes to the window of an application?

I'm trying to bodge an interface between Emacs and a GUI stats
program (I have a good i/face between Emacs and the console version
of the program but need the graphics sometimes). If I run
sawfish-client within Emacs, I can see how to get as far as having
an Emacs keystroke raise and pass focus through to the stats
program, but can I go one step further and have sawfish-client
effectively execute a command in the stats program?

Brendan

--
Brendan Halpin,  Department of Sociology,  University of Limerick,  Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147 f +353-61-202569 h +353-61-338562; Room F2-025 x 3147