sawfish on opteron, and how do I compile from CVS

Folks,

	I too am working with sawfish on an opteron, (Fedora Core 2) and I'm having
problems.  I downloaded the linwnk code, installed it, and then re-compiled
sawfish from the Fedora sources.  This didn't fix my problem, which is that I
can't get sawfish to recognize matched windows ( like matching "Bottom panel"
to put it on a layer so it is always on top).  Also, even with the libwnk
"fix", which only helped some of my problems with the pager, I see no images
of other desktops except the top left hand corner desktop, even when I have
windows on other desktops.  This kind of defeats the purpose of the pager, to
me.

	So, it sounds like I need to download sawfish from the cvs and compile it.  I
have done 'cvs checkout', but now I am having problems getting configure
made.  Is there a autoconf for idiots page somewhere which would help me, or
am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks
MIke