Re: [sabayon] Desktop mass-configuration experiences..

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 02:28 -0500, William Lachance wrote:

> These include:
> - A script to setup an IMAP account and an LDAP addressbook in
> Evolution, basically by providing a somewhat tweaked out evolution
> directory to the user who is logging in, if it doesn't already exist.
> Later, this script was extended to do the same thing for our ExchangeIt
> connector to Evolution.
> - A script to populate a "teams" folder on their Desktop, so they could
> easily access files which were accessible to the unix groups that they
> belonged to (this varied by user, naturally).
> - Several scripts to automatically populate the OpenOffice.org data
> sources list with whatever MySQL databases they had access to on the
> central server.

One thing I forgot about these..

We use a three-way diff to account to merge changes to these settings
with the user's personal preferences (e.g.: if the user gets access to a
new database). Seems to have worked pretty well so far.
--
William Lachance <wlach nit ca>