Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Fwd: Rhythmbox Quickstarter

On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 14:41 +0200, Lionel Dricot wrote:
> I just received this on ubuntu-devel list. I tried it and it works
> great ! My RB starts 3 or  -4 times fasters after running this script.

I really can't see how optimising the XML file (!) would help when most
of the startup time is spent stat'ing entries in this database.

I don't even see what this script is supposed to do apart from mangling
the .xml. And if parsing the XML file was that slow, surely, we'd all be
bugging Daniel to fix it up.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>