Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] links to external sites,e.g. last.fm (was Re: UI Improvements)

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 01:18 -0800, Alex Lancaster wrote:
> That said, it could be possible to have the link have serve multiple
> purposes (choose from centering behaviour described, Google music,
> Allmusic, last.fm upon first click, which it then remembers).  It
> could get a bit hairy to maintain, however.

Personally, what I think it should do is pop up an "Artist Information"
window. The window could have a "Browser this Artist" button and links
to several different sites.

It could potentially have:
* a list of favourite tracks by this artist
* a list of their albums
* statistics about what the average rating of the artists tracks are
* what rank the artist is, in terms of how often you listen to them
* an "Album Information" window could also display cover art
* anything that a plugin wants

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.