Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Error compiling DAAP support with gcc4.0 on amd64

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 18:11 +1000, James Livingston wrote:

> The problem is that bit of code is trying to store a pointer in an
> integer variable, which is non-portable and a Bad Thing To Do. If it did
> compile, it would crash due to the fact that there is no way to have a
> 32 bit integer storing a 64 bit pointer.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know enough about the daap code to fix it.

The code is doubly wrong in fact.
I've checked some docs on DAAP and it seems MPER (playlist persistent
id) is 8 bytes, but the code is casting the pointer to a 32bit int and
recasting it as a 64bit int. Am I wrong in assuming that the code is
using the pointers just for convenience ? Can't these IDs be generated
somehow and use an internal lookup table.
Fun fun fun.

Tristan