Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Audio CD update

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 07:36 +1000, James Livingston wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 21:12 +0200, Baptiste Mille-Mathias wrote:
> > - the total length of the CD is equal to zero.
>
> I think I've figured this one out - the problem is the
> RhythmdbQueryModel doesn't react to an entry changing it's duration (or
> filesize). This hasn't been an issue in the past, because songs normally
> don't change their duration; however for audio CDs they do, when the
> metadata lookup is complete.
>
> Hopefully this won't be too complicated to fix, so I'll give it a go a
> bit later today.

I've corrected that, as well as making the status bar text not bother
reporting "0 minutes" or "0 bytes" - which means that for CDs it will
initially say "N songs" and then change to "N songs, X minutes" once the
duration has been determined.

I also fixed the query model to actually emit row-changed signals, which
I must have forgotten to put back in when I was doing the sort stuff a
while back (oops). If anyone ever noticed an entry view (track listing)
not updating properly until you move the cursor over a track, this was
what caused it.

The changes are in CVS, so the issues should be fixed if you apply the
old patch to a recent checkout.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston
--
Rob Adams wrote: Error correcting modem.
and then Graham Reed responded: I tried one of those, it made all of