Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Import into a playlist?

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 14:26, Mike Frisch wrote:
> Is it possible to import new MP3s to a playlist?  When I get new music,
> I would like it to go into a 'new' playlist so it doesn't just get lost
> in the big list of new songs.

A new automatic playlist you mean?

> Also, I have a lot of my music separated in folders by genre, so it'd be
> nice to import the entire folder into a genre-specific playlist.

If you have the genre browser enabled, you can just drag and drop
specific genres to the sources bar to create automatic playlists on that
genre.

> Has anybody started implementing this?  If not, I might take a stab at
> it.

Basically what you need is to add a new attribute long import_time; to
the RhythmDBEntry structure, make sure it's set on initial import, etc.
Then edit widgets/rb-query-creator.c to add it as a criteria.