Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Jukebox playlist

I've looked at the mock-up in http://web.rhythmbox.org/uidesign/ and I
must admit that I don't quite understand it.  What is being listed in
the large pane on the bottom?  Is it all the available songs or only
songs in the jukebox-playlist?  If only one or the other is displayed,
doesn't that preclude the idea of dragging songs from the list of songs
to the jukebox list.

In general it seems to me that proposed change is too great and I think
it would be a mistake to move Rhythmbox in the direction of Muine.
Muine is a fine product with many nice features (I love the album
covers)  but it is missing a lot of things which make Rhythmbox great.

My all means, please don't remove the search field.

If removing the Sources list is being considered (could it be moved to
a pulldown menu instead like a Bookmarks menu?) then it seems that the
pane previously used for the sources list could now become the
jukebox-playlist.  It would be a list of songs, both those recently
played (perhaps the 5 most recently played, grayed out) and those that
are about to be played.  It would be possible to interact with the list
of future songs, drag out undesirable songs that were put there by the
shuffle feature or another party guest, change order by dragging songs
up or down, or drag in a some additional preferred songs.

In shuffle mode, this would simply be a list of songs scrolling by.

The list of previously played songs would be "read only" except it would
be possible to drag them down to the future songs list in order to play
them again.

Double clicking a song would continue to mean "play now".  It would
bump the currently playing song (it would go up one spot into the
grayed out list of previously played songs).   It should also be
possible to double click a song in the recently-played or the
about-to-be-played for the same effect.

A song dragged into the jukebox-list would be ordered based on where it
was dropped in the list.

I like the idea mentioned last week-end how iTunes pads a playlist with
random songs, so as not to run out.

Hope this did not sound too complicated.  Too bad I don't know how to
muck something up.

   Gisli