Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Valid mp3s can't be played in 0.8.3 (threading bug?)

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 15:55, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 08:51, Stewart Jeacocke wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Rhythmbox 0.8.3. Some tracks from a particular album won't
> > play in Rhythmbox, they just get skipped over. I can play them fine by
> > copying the location out of rhythmdb.xml and using gst-launch.
>
> Using the same gst-launch pipeline listed in the README?
No - I'd just used mad ! osssink.

When I use the pipeline from the README it can't detect the file type.
So it looks they they are buggy mp3s after all.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to fix them so that
gstreamer can detect them properly?