[Rhythmbox-devel] ogg streaming

Hi,

I tried using Rhythmbox 0.5.3 to play the following stream:

http://ogg.smgradio.com/lq96.ogg

This is an ogg stream from virgin radio in the uk. The content type if
downloaded is "audio/x-scpls" (shoutcast playlist). Unfortunately this
did not seem to work in Rhythmbox; when I tried to play the stream I get
garbled audio & then it crashes. Then I tried the following gst-launch
command:

gst-launch gnomevfssrc location=http://ogg.smgradio.com/lq96.ogg
bytesperread=20000 ! vorbisfile ! osssink

This works fine.

I was wondering if this is related to why the ogg streaming did not work
for me in Rhythmbox.

Thanks,

Alex.
--