Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] case-insensitive filtering? synonyms?

On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 07:40  pm, nils wrote:

> Thus spake Colin Walters:
>> On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 01:41, nils wrote:
>>> Another little thought:
>>> Would it be possible to offer the option for
>>> "case insensitive filtering"?
>>
>> This comes up periodically.  I think what would be best is to
>> integrate
>> MusicBrainz to correct and canonicalize tags.
>
> OK -- sounds fine.
> (In particular, waiting on MusicBrainz integration)

Regarding this particular element of MusicBrainz integration (i.e
getting the case of band names correct/consistent): surely there is no
reason to wait when you can run the MBTagger over your files and the
tag changes will be picked up by RhythmBox?

(Note the tagger is currently available with GUI only for Windows,
though I believe it can tag files on a networked Linux machine. There
is also a rather scrappy proof-of-concept text UI that comes bundled
with the underlying libraries on other platforms)

cheers,

dave