[Rhythmbox-devel] Small view discussion.

Hello all,

I've looked at the code in rb-shell.c that is implementing the small view.
 It looks good, but doesn't really work well if we are wanting to make the
layout of the small view more than just the normal view with widgets
hidden.

So what I think I'm going todo is create another widget that would be the
small view window and then when you change to small view you simply hide
the main window and show the small window.

I haven't done much with rb before, so I dont' know if this would work
properly or not.  I'm totally sure how all of this works, but I'm going to
model things after the way the current shell handles stuff.

All of this brings me to the real reason for this mail.  What do we want
to have in the small view UI wise?  Mockups are helpful here of course.

It seems that it would help if we get the UI discussion out of the way
before we try to implement anything.  Seeing as this is a UI only change,
this makes sense.

A few things to think about when making mockups:

Follow the HIG
The small view should be consistant with the main window as far as
controls and informations display go.
Intuitive access to the main view.
A visually pleasing layout.

With luck we can get some ideas flowing and maybe I can get something
implemented properly to go along with it.
--
Douglas McMorris <virage83@mail.utexas.edu>