Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [REVIEW] Main window

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 12:39, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > Yes, but 'cause we'll have it is better planning now. A future change
> > will force us to change i.e. the documentation.
>
> To my eyes this is more like "let's add some bloat now, because we might
> need it", which is a very safe road to an ui disaster.

I have to agree here. RB should never burn data cds. That is the job of
say nautilus cd burner. Thus, knowing the file size is not important.

> > Well, it will be useful for portable music player too.
> >
> > But IMHO build up a "music" data CD is more simple in rb then in
> > nautilus-burn, 'cause you can browse songs via metadata, not filename.
>
> I'm probably totally on crack, but this kind of things would work better
> with a rhyhthmbox nautilus view ;)

Sounds sane to me.

One thing we have to keep in mind is, we must design the UI with
simplicity. We can easily destroy this by adding very silly
features/bugs like the file size.

One other thing I must agree on is the nessesity of the status bar. If
one has either a large music library or has a remote library (nfs mount
for example), the current status needs to be known. One of the things it
should do is hide when it reaches 100%, which I believe is not the cast
atm.

--
Sean Harshbarger		|   "Only two things are infinite,
harshy@dersoldat.org		|   the universe and human stupidity,

Key fingerprint = 086A AA96 51DD D84D 3E64  1B26 778F 2335 C828 E736

This is a digitally signed message part