Re: Looking forward: 2.16 plans

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 21:24 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As 2.14.0 is out next week, it'd be nice to start working on the 2.16
> schedule. Any volunteer for this?

* J5 raises hand

> Also, we should really start discussing what we're doing wrt to the way
> we handle new modules and big changes in 2.16. I liked Jeff's proposal:
> ask people to make the plans clear at the beginning of the release cycle
> and start working with those plans in head (it means, start really
> integrating the new modules early and start using new versions of
> libraries early, etc.).
>
> What do you think? Should someone write a proposal to submit it to the
> community?

Yes I like the idea of getting modules to be considered at the beginning
of the cycle, giving them deadlines and seeing if they can meet them.
Call it the gauntlet - if you can survive you are worthy ;-)  I can
write up a proposal.  What are the key points we want to make?

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>