Re: 2.11/2.12 schedule?

<quote who="Elijah Newren">

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:28:11 +0200, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
> wrote:
> > Jeff has a draft schedule here?: http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointEleven
> >
> > If there are no objections, can we publish this soon?
>
> Oh, cool.  I'm glad to see it already exists; I was going to create one
> today (though I was also going to create one several days over the last
> couple weeks and it keeps seeming to slip off the priority list...).

Sorry, same problem here - I'll get a proposal out today.

> -We're announcing this somewhat late, so it may make sense to shove
> the 2.10.1 release back a week.

Yeah, and feedback suggests everyone wants more time for this anyway.

> - It'd be nice to specify at what time on Mondays that the tarballs
> are due

Because we release on US time, it has always been "release when it is still
Monday in the world somewhere", which tends to reduce the stress on weekends
and stuff. ;-) We could nail down a specific time though; this release I'm
going to turn many of my package comparison scripts into cron jobs that talk
to the wiki, so if nothing else, the due date will be "when the report is
run". ;-)

> - Seeing Paul's comments on Garnome, and the time-consuming process in
> general of getting releases out, do we want to push the release dates out
> a day or two to the Thursday or Friday of the week in which the tarballs
> are due?

I think that better reporting of what's delivered on the Monday (as above)
will mean we can clamp down on late uploads between then and Wednesday, so
it will be much easier for everyone to aim for the Wedneday release, because
the Monday report will make it very clear what will be released. I think
that will go a long way towards fixing this problem, without changing the
days.

- Jeff

--
UbuntuDownUnder: April 25th-30th                      http://www.ubuntu.com/

    "Lord, thy one-liners are as good as thy tricks. Thou art indeed an
         all-round family entertainer." - Rowan Atkinson, Nazareth