Re: EOG branched

<quote who="Danilo Šegan">

> Now, before we announce this branch everywhere, we need to find someone
> with time to roll out tarballs (there's not much use in translators,
> documenters and others working on a branch which will get no more
> releases), since Jens can't dedicate his time to it.  I volunteer to help
> there, but I still don't have experience with releasing tarballs (and I
> suppose I'd need something else other than Gnome CVS access).
>
> I hope release team can give us some hints here on how to proceed.  I'd
> like to have one EOG tarball out as soon as possible (to at least get
> translation updates out to the masses), and later follow the schedule for
> Gnome 2.10 with maintenance releases (though, we may still come across the
> problem of backporting patches for real issues).

If you create a tarball from that branch, let the release team know where it
is (url and md5sum), and we can upload it for you.

- Jeff

--
UbuntuDownUnder: April 25th-30th                      http://www.ubuntu.com/

  "I run Linux on pretty much everything except the microwave and washing
     machine. Those are tempting targets but would probably make Telsa
                        extremely cross." - Alan Cox