Re: Request for code freeze breakage approval in Epiphany

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:35:58 +0100, Christian Persch <chpe gnome org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le lundi 07 mars 2005 à 09:08 -0500, Luis Villa a écrit :
> > Blah. I'm scared about a patch this big at this point in the game,
> > even though I think it fixes a really critical bug. How many people
> > have tested this? And do you think we can wait until 2.10.1?
> > Luis
>
> Since time was short, I was the only tester :/
> I've tested it with and without presence of user-created gedit.desktop
> file in ~/.local/share/applications/.
>
> If we release without this patch, users which have user-created
> local .desktop files will have non-working View Source functionality.
> Since that's rather rarely used, we could wait for 2.10.1 if you feel
> this is not important.

Personally, I'd rather wait until 2.10.1 considering how late it is
and the addition of the untranslated string to the UI.

As I side note, I really really hope we can get all that
startup-notification launching code into some common library; it's a
pain to see near verbatim code in gnome-desktop, nautilus, and now
epiphany, and to know that it'll probably spread to galeon, metacity,
libgnome and others soon if we don't get this straightened out.  (If I
would have had a little more time during this last release cycle, it
would be in libgnome and metacity already.)

Elijah