Re: GStreamer releases

On 8/29/05, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas apestaart org> wrote:
> We're going to make 0.8 prereleases of core and plugins today, and
> probably a final release tomorrow.  As you probably know the 0.8 cycle
> by this point only receives bug fixes, beside the work Ronald has done
> for DVD.

Is the DVD work localized, or does it touch many parts of the code?

> - there's a crasher bug in videoscale in the 0.8.10 release for one of
> the colorspaces

That would be good to fix, I expect.

> - a lot of the DVD work Ronald has done was done after 0.8.10.  DVD
> support is mentioned in the release notes (I personally have my doubts
> if this should be advertised *at all*, given that in my opinion we
> shouldn't be promoting patented stuff), and I feel it would be
> misleading to state GNOME 2.12 has good DVD support without this release
> being part of it.

I can nuke that from the release notes if it isn't accurate.

> Anyway, that's the situation at this point.  What do you guys suggest ?

You know this code base better than we do. :/ You guys are running
some automated tests at this point, right? I assume the branch is
passing them? Ronald, what are your thoughts?

Luis