Re: Issues with library version numbers

Hi,
	For goodness sake Brian. You've just logged a bunch of bugs saying that
GNOME maintainers have been breaking the library ABI and that we should
bump the soname on all these libraries ....

	Sorry, I really have to wonder what planet you're on.

	I don't have the time to verify every removed symbol you've identified,
but the removed symbol you identified in GConf was merely accidently
exported and, at a glance, it looks that way with the bonobo ones. The
GConf symbol was never part of the public API, never in an installed
header etc.

	If you actually want to be helpful, go through each of these removed
symbols and check if they were ever actually public APIs. You remember I
did this last time you claimed that gtk+/pango/glib etc. all broke their
ABIs willy nilly ... and in that case it turned out that the only
*public* API removed was one that was added by a Sun patch.

	I shudder to think how much of people's time you're wasting with these
bugs.

Good Luck,
Mark.