Re: pkg-config tarball names changed

On 8/11/05, Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I noticed when releasing 2.10.2 that pkgconfig had changed tarball name
> from 'pkgconfig-x.y.x.tar.gz' to pkg-config-x.y.z.tar.gz'. I just
> renamed the tarball to use the old convention when uploading 0.18.1, but
> have now uploaded that one again using the new convention together with
> the 0.19 release.

Ah, thanks for catching that.  I guess I should have used 0.19 for the
2.11.91 release, but I wasn't aware of it...

> Maybe we need to change the datafiles for the release so they use the
> right dir on f.g.o?

Sure.  I think all we need to do is change the versions file that we
use--I believe the rest is handled by the release scripts (though
it'll probably affect the NEWS file slightly for one release, but I
don't think that's a big deal)  Or is there some other change that I
missed or that you need for how you handle the stable releases?

Thanks Kjartan,
Elijah