Re: Suggestions for API/ABI Process

On 8/1/05, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> > Whoa...weird. http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning_2fTwoPointEleven_2fDesktop
> > places it in the desktop, so does
> > http://www.gnome.org/start/2.7/desktop/ and
> > http://www.gnome.org/start/2.9/desktop/.  None of the corresponding
> > pages for the platform list libgnomeprint.
> >
> > So, does anyone know what the mistake was?  I.e. did we list it in the
> > wrong release set on the web pages, or did we place it into the wrong
> > release set on the ftp site?
>
> Oops. Looks like ftp has been wrong for a long time. We should fix the
> versions release file.
>
> I've seen lots of discussion about libgnomeprint* not being in the
> Platform and none about it being in the Platform. Furthermore, we
> removed libgnomeprint 1.11* (sometimes called libgnomeprint 2.0) from
> the GNOME releases and replaced it with libgnomeprint 2.2. That would
> have been totally incompatible with the Platform which was widely
> understood to be a promise to keep supporting its APIs, even including
> such funky stuff as libbonoboui.
>
> This is proving Brian's point, of course.

Well, while we're at it...libgtkhtml doesn't appear in the 2.11.5 or
2.11.90 releases (it does appear to be in all releases <= 2.10.x) but
still appears at
http://live.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning_2fTwoPointEleven_2fDesktop.
Should it have been part of the release or should it be removed from
the wiki (I believe yelp was the only module that used to use it,
right?)