Re: [Planner Dev] Resource feedback

On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 23:09 +0200, Nicolas LAURENT wrote:
> Sorry to come back to this old thread, but things don't work for me.
> I've configured planner with "--enable-simple-priority-scheduling"
> but what I get was:
>
> Task 1: personn A: ********************
> Task 2: personn A:           *****
>                              ^^^^^
>                                 \ This is a problem :-)
>
> 100%: ****
> 50%:  ++++

You need to do 3 more things.  Task 2 needs a priority of 9999, a 'Start
on Fixed Date' constraint, and a resource conflict (same resource
assigned to tasks 1 and 2).  Then it will take the resource from Task 1.

> Moreover, a great feature would be to set thickness of bar (in Gantt
> view) proportional to the "charge" of people:
>
> 100% -> 10px (or whatever)
> 50%  -> 5px

> So we may get things like (Task 2 is scheduled on fixed date)
>
> Task 1: personn A: ==========------===== (priority N)
> Task 2: personn A:           ------      (priority N)
>
> or
>
> Task 1: personn A: ==========      ===== (priority N+1)
> Task 2: personn A:           ======      (priority N)

The priority scheduling will do something like this, displaying gantt
bar thickness in proportion to the actual time the allocated resources
will devote to the task (based on time being stolen by the higher
priority task).

> To finish, the last feature to make planner THE ultimate tool:

LOL :-)
I wish that were so.

> the
> ability to filter gantt view by resource (people). My aim is to print
> schedule for each member of the team. (no, having a local webservice is
> not what I prefer...)

I'm sure this could be done - could you enter a bug for this so we don't
forget about it?

> ps. where is the official repository? is it CVS or Arch?

CVS is the official repository.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>