Re: [Planner Dev] Windows: Missing files?

Ben Ainsworth wrote:

I have the GTK+ provided by Gnumeric 1.4.3, the one
you linked to will not install with Gnumeric
installed.

The problem with iconv.dll is that although the
gnumeric file is on my path the computer finds the
(older?) version in c:\windows, despite c:\windows
occuring later in the path.
Windows DLL loading puts the the current directory, application directory and system directories before anything in the path, so iconv.dll being on Windows directory is the cause of the problem.

Gnumeric does not provide freetype6.dll, perhaps this
is a bug for them to solve if they're distributing
GTK+ with Gnumeric.
Probably. For Planner, I've used the GTK+ installer that both Gimp and Gaim use, so that's what I test with. I heard that Gnumeric required some fixes that were not in the main GTK install, but I don't know more details.

Francisco