Re: [Planner Dev] planner crashes on amd64 platform

Richard Hult kirjoitti:
Jani Tiainen wrote:

Oliver Rath kirjoitti:

Hi,

i tried it now on a piii-650mhz gentoo platform: planner rocks!

So Im shure, there is an arch-prob for amd64. If Anybody needs a test-planner-file, mail me!

Oliver

Send test file to me, I've AMD64 arch, but running Debian AMD64 port instead and I haven't seen such a messages.

Jani, if it's possible, could you try it the crash happens on a line like this:

mrp_calendar_set_days (calendar, date, mrp_day, -1);
and try changing it to this:

mrp_calendar_set_days (calendar, date, mrp_day, (mrptime) -1);

The -1 is probably passed as an int instead of the long, which messes up the sign.

Well, bug is exactly you described, and now looking code it is because of bad conversions done.

mrp_calendar_set_days expects that "time", variable argument is type of mrptime, which is long.

Compiler (or C-standard, not sure which one) uses ints if no type passed.

This seems accidentally work on 32bit platform but not on 64bit platform.

So fix it guys.. =)

--

Jani Tiainen