Re: [Planner Dev] 0.13 thoughts

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 09:07 +0200, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
Hi!

> > The resources importer from evolution plugin I think it is also in
> > release state, it is simpler to test it and I am more confortable with
> > it.
>
> I'm not sure we should enable it by default yet, it needs a bit of
> tweaking to the UI I think, and some more testing.

I checked out the CVS to try, and it rocks.  trying to break it now.

Some thought for the e-d-s UI:

Would it be feasible remove the evo import dialog from the file menu.  Instead, add a multi-select in the project properties dialog to choose one or more address books to auto complete on (similar to evo mail completion preferences).

Rather than importing individual contact from evo in a seperate dialog the resource dialog would autocomplete on name and email field.

[resources view]

-> add resource
     * cursor is active in the "Name Field" (which isn't the behavior currently)

-> start typing a name
     * the name matches with a limiting dropdown similar to evo mail

+> If the user presses Tab on a name, the name completes and fills in the known fields of the resource
        (email and shorname) and focus moves to the next cell in the tree (type maybe).

+> if the user presses Enter, the name and known info autocomplete and focus leaves the tree node.

-Brian

--
Brian Skahan <bskahan etria com>
Etria, LLP