Re: [Planner Dev] Win32 Port, Part Deux

Richard Hult wrote:

On tis, 2004-08-24 at 02:06 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

Hi everyone.

Been a bit busy with three things: first my wife got fancy idea to redecorate our home... Second is that my wife's laptop let the smoke out - literally. Never really seen before, but a little smoke came up from keyboard when starting her laptop - well now I've been building new system for her.

Ah, it's one of those old steam-driven laptops? ;)

No, a smoke-driven one, like all laptops are...

Third, and most interesting one is that I've been able to compile necessary libraries with truly _native_ win32 support. No need for cygwin or such. =)

I'm pretty sure that now I'm able to do that long waited native Planner-win32.

Sounds great! Does that mean that the huge cygwin DLL isn't needed? Is
it a lot of trouble to setup, or could it be worth to post build
instructions for those daring people who'd like to do the same, and
maybe help out?

Well not huge cygwin.dll, (which is not really a propblem) but no longer need to have unix-stylish directory tree. It still needs a bloat of other libraries, just like Linux counterpart.

Well build instructions are really simple and when I have time I'll post them on web. I hope that I have time to put a real webserver @home...

Only thing that will need really lot of hacking is printing, but that's another story.

OK. Do you know if it's just the actual communication to printers that
is not working? If so, we could concentrate on getting output to a file
(ps/pdf) working first. That would be a pretty good start.

Not sure. GIMP does use GTK+ printing, so there might be something fancy in libgnomeprint and libgnomeprintui... At least I had to comment out a numerous small things...

--

Jani Tiainen