Re: Memory statistics

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 22:21 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  [*] The fact that it's been in Gentoo since ages doesn't count. It still has
> a number of practical problems and especially when it gets to memory usage it
> can't even hold a candle to kdeinit. I should even have some numbers on this
> in my blog or somewhere (for KDE apps indeed), I could try to dig it up if
> there'd be interest.

Those numbers would be very interesting to see :)

But yeah, even if we get down to 4 KB per library, it still becomes a
big number when you consider 4 KB * num_libraries * num_processes.

Moving to a forking scheme like kdeinit is probably not too hard.  Are
there any pitfalls we should watch for?

Can we adapt maemo-launcher for general GNOME use?

  Federico