Re: Memory statistics

On 4/24/06, michael meeks <michael meeks novell com> wrote:
>         Honestly - the more I look at the picture, the more I think using a
> 'kdeinit' type approach might be rather better - at least for the core
> apps: nautilus, panel etc.

FWIW that is pretty much for what we have maemo-launcher[1] for :-)

(Ab)using the fact that pretty much all of the time all apps use the
same theme, same fonts, same environment, etc. we're hacking away with
library initialization and avoid constructing the same data structures
in memory in all processes.

1. https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/maemo-launcher/

--
Tommi Komulainen                                 tommi komulainen iki fi