Re: Performance Issue GTK 2.8 on 64bit Suse 10

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 13:09 -0400, Dave Richards wrote:

>    At first we thought it was related to GTK 2.8/Cairo and all of the
> most recent changes.  However, we built a 32bit machine and put down
> Suse 10 and tried it there and it's running just fine.
>
>    I feel that it's only a 64bit issue.  Some of the IRC channel
> suggest it might be compiler issues, and that's very possible.

This is very interesting.

How's the performance of your 64-bit box on a local display?

How's the performance on a remote display which *does* have the RENDER
extension?  I.e. from fat Linux box to fat Linux box?

If you identify an operation that is particularly slow when comparing
the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, could you run it in a loop under Sysprof
or something?  That may give us some clues.

  Federico