Re: Interoperability with Visibroker arrays inside structs passing

Hey Sergiu,

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Sergiu Gavrila wrote:

> Thanks for the fast response, I did enabled the debug and start digging
> into ORBit2 sources. The problem seams to be with the
> ORBit_marshal_value function from corba_any.c. For the TypeCode
> CORBA_tk_array I have removed the switch and let only the default brach
> and now it looks like the problem is solved. I still have to do some
> better tests (next week) .
>
> So the part:
> -----------------
> case CORBA_tk_array:
>         switch (tc->subtypes[0]->kind) {
>         case CORBA_tk_boolean:
>         case CORBA_tk_char:
>         case CORBA_tk_octet:
>             giop_send_buffer_append (buf, val, tc->length);

	Okay, so this is a simple optimiastion. Instead of aligning
each of the octets individually we just marshal them in one go - since
octets are never need to be aligned  ...

	So this is extremely strange and I can't think offhand what
the problem might be. What would really help would be if you could
send the data (from ORBIT2_DEBUG=giop) with and without your patch.
There *shouldn't* be a difference. But obviously there is :/

Cheers,
Mark.