Re: ORBit-0.5.7 bug: non-root process can't talk to root process!

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Sebastian Wilhelmi wrote:

> Indeed, the problem ist that the return value of giop_send_buffer_write is
> ignored and the subsequent read from the connection simply hangs. That could
> be changed by the attached patch. As I see no reason to not apply this change
> (There doesn't seem to be a problem for also including it for
> BACKWARDS_COMPAT_0_4) I will commit it unless there are objections.

There is a problem - older versions of the giop_send_buffer_write()
version return 'void', so these stubs will break with older ORBit
library versions. Compat compat compat...

-- Elliot
These three lines
	are for sale
		at the rate of $50/month.