Re: Beginner ORBit/C problems

Garret Thomson wrote:

> Here's a general way to troubleshoot unresolved symbols:
>
> Note that 'nm' will display the symbols in a given library. So you can kinda
> search for symbols in libraries with it:
>
> [gthomson mybox /usr/local/lib ] nm -o -C *.so | grep 'gnorba_CORBA_init'
> [gthomson mybox /usr/X11R6/lib ] nm -o -C *.so | grep 'gnorba_CORBA_init'
>
> (The -C flag demangles C++ function names)
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not booted onto the freeBSD side of my box so I can't
> show you the results ... try out a 'man nm'
> It may be that you'll find them in the same libs that the gnome-config spits
> out below, in which case, I can't help ya, but hey, you can't go wrong by
> learning more .. ;)
>
> Garret

Thanks, that's a useful little utility to know about, and the results were
interesting.

gnorba_CORBA_init appears to be in (surprise surprise) libgnorba.  I see this
output from nm:
libgnorba.so:0000a04c T gnorba_CORBA_init
libgnorba.so:00007438 T goad_server_list_get
libgnorba.so:00007b34 T goad_server_list_free

Those are the three functions in question.

So now I'm quite a bit more confused than before, they're there, but the linker
doesn't "see" them.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

Chris Backas