host to host communications

I'm still trying to set up a communication between an ORBit server and
a java client based on ORBacus on a Linux system.

I think it is due to something wrong in ORBit but I don't know
where to start looking.

To investigate the problem I'm using the test programs :
echo-server, echo-client (or even empty-*)

My java-OOC client raises an exception when trying to access the ORBit server :
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: recv() returned zero

However :
1) The ORBit client works with the ORBit server.
2) The ORBit client works with my java-OOC server.
3) My java-OOC client works with the ORBit server on another computer.
   The main difference between these computers is the kernel version.
   (2.2.12 works, 2.4.0-test9 fails). Of course , there are other
   differences ...

Clients and servers running on the same host.

Then I've tried to run the servers and the clients on
different hosts :

It happens that the ORBit server on Linux 2.4 and the ORBit client
on Linux 2.2 do not cooperate : I got an ORBIT_system_exception
("we got exception 2 from doNothing!") on the client side.

An ORBacus expert wrote me that it's likely due to a problem in
the server.

Any idea ?

Jean-Paul Le Fèvre * CEA Saclay DAPNIA/SEI * Mail : Jean-Paul LeFevre cea fr