Re: iwconfig support of network manager

I used to have a zd1211 based card and it seemed to work fine with
NetworkManager though with only WEP support.

I don't think that the zd1211 driver supports the latest WEXT nor is
it advertising to NM that it can do WPA.
There was a patch for WEXT support posted to the dev list here:
http://www.nabble.com/-experimental-wpa_supplicant-wext-%2B-WPA2-support-t1078040.html

I no longer have the card so I can't test it, but you may want to try
that patch and see if NM works.