Re: rt2x00/rt2500 support

Hi again,

Thanks for all your help :) So far we've managed to find that the dscape stack was lacking the SET_NETDEV_DEV() call in it. It's there in the rt2x00 dscape drivers and I'm guessing will move into the dscape stuff in the kernel branch? So we've got the rt2x00 driver and devices to be detected by NetworkManager... as wired network devices. I've looked around but I'm not sure how to change it to have the net.80211 capabilities.
Can you point me in the right direction?

--Eion

Ok; does it show up in HAL?  Run 'hal-device-manager' and look around
for your card.  There needs to also be a "WLAN Interface" object that's
a child of the actual PCI/USB card.  The "WLAN Interface" object needs
to have the "net.80211" capability in its info.capabilities list.  It
also needs to have a "net.interface" property.

The driver is likely not showing up because it has no SET_NETDEV_DEV()
call when it sets up its netdevice, which means that the right device
links aren't set up in sysfs.  Each separate hardware-specific file
(rt2500pci.c, rt2400pci.c, rt2500usb.c) needs to have the
SET_NETDEV_DEV() command added.  Try the attached patch, and if that
works, please send it upstream to the rt2x00 maintainers.