Re: [patch] fix madwifi strength

Robert Love wrote:
> As madwifi[-ng] users are painfully aware, the Atheros driver spits out
> some whack figures for strength.  The driver maintainers have been
> hesitant to fix the values.

Hi Robert.

Since I have a Atheros card myself I'd be happy to take that patch! I
see Dan's point in keeping the code clean and non-specific to drivers.
But on the other hand we have to face reality and see that not all
drivers provide the same information. Here it may be a lack of a strong
definition of the semantics these values should have in the first place.
Many laptops nowadays use Atheros chip and NM could provide a better
experience by applying one of these patches.

Short: I vote for this to go into NM.

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)