Re: DHCP transaction timing out, even though working

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 21:04 +1200, Simon Geard wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I've spent a little effort lately in getting NetworkManager to work on a
> LinuxFromScratch-based desktop, using a variant of the Redhat backend. I
> don't think this is the area failing, I mention it only as background.
>

> When I try to connect to an AP, I get the password prompt, then I see a
> lot of output from wpa_supplicant. That settles down, then sometime
> later I get:
>
> NetworkManager: <information>   Device 'ath0' DHCP transaction took too
> long (>45s), stopping it.

In case I've trimmed that too much to be useful, here's a bit more of
the output...

NetworkManager: <information>   Device 'ath0' DHCP transaction took too
long (>45s), stopping it.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (ath0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP
Configure Timeout) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <information>   DHCP daemon state is now 14 (normal
exit) for interface ath0
NetworkManager: <information>   DHCP daemon state is now 14 (normal
exit) for interface ath0
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (ath0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP
Configure Timeout) started...
NetworkManager: <debug info>    [1145867955.378318]
real_act_stage4_ip_config_timeout (): Activation (ath0/wireless): could
not get IP configuration info for 'XYZZY', asking for new key.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (ath0) New wireless user key
requested for network 'XYZZY'.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (ath0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP
Configure Timeout) complete.
NetworkManager: <information>   Activation (ath0) New wireless user key
request for network 'XYZZY' was canceled.
NetworkManager: <information>   Deactivating device ath0.

Simon.