Switching wireless adapters loses all rules

I recently switched network cards from a prism54 chipset card to a rt2500 chipset. Originally, NetworkManager didn't show my network in the list (though the network still shows in kismet). So I chose "connect to other wireless network", typed in the details (essid and hex key) and it connected fine. The network strength is very good.

After every reboot NetworkManager doesn't show the network in the list, so I manually add the network and it connects. How can NM "forget" the details and I have to add them back? Is there a file somewhere storing the Networks I've associated with, or those available? Nothing in /etc/NetworkManager except an empty dispatcher.d.

--Derek