Re: question about closed networks

Michael Blakeley wrote:
<snip>
* My nm-applet doesn't seem to use the hex key, or try to unlock my
gnome-keyring, on the first connection attempt to a closed network (see
below). Is this intended behavior? Is it a known problem?
<snip>

A similar experience here to that part of the problem: my network broadcasts the essid but is closed (as in uses a hex key).

When nm-applet comes up at login the network is automatically chosen (I've selected it before), but just sits at the authentication stage inevitably. Only after I click nm-applet and re-select the current network does it pop open the dialog box for gnome-keyring.

--Derek