Re: Network Manager with KDE

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 10:59, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 15:01 -0500, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> > I'm running SUSE 10 and notice that netapplet will be deprecated in
> > favor of Network Manager.  I've heard a lot of good things about
> > Network Manager, but the last time I tried to use it, I could not see
> > how to access it from within KDE.  For example, I can have netapplet
> > appear as an applet in the KDE system tray, but did not see a way to
> > visually present Network Manager info (such as available wireless
> > networks) from within KDE.
>
> The applet is a notification area applet, which means it should work
> just as well in the KDE notification area as in the GNOME one.  You'll
> need to drag along gnome-keyring and gconf though, since nobody's
> written a KDE-specific nm applet quite yet.  If anyone did, I'd be happy
> to add it to CVS...
>
> Dan

What does the above mean about dragging along gnome-keyring and gconf?  I have
installed Network Manager and launched it from KDE with nm-applet.  There is
a blank placeholder in the KDE notification area of the tray, but no icon.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Why is the alphabet in that order?  Is it because of that song?

Linux chameleon 2.6.13-15-default i686 GNU/Linux
  5:11pm  up 1 day  2:51,  4 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.35, 0.44