CVS 0.3 on FC3 ... installation trouble

Hi,
Fedora Core 3
Network Manager 0.3 from CVS pull.

I can build the code without problems, but cannot figure out how to get it
started.  As I understand it, NetworkManager should be started when I
login to my gnome session, but this is not happening.  The build did use
the --with-distro=redhat flag.

Can someone point me in the right direction on getting the CVS version
installed correctly?  I'd prefer to use the CVS version as I'd like to
play with the code some and, perhaps, offer some work towards the project.

thanks in advance,
chris

--
C.L. Hammond